Here are photographs of a demo unit of the new Audi A8 that was launched in India at the VW Group Media Night on February 3.
The fourth generation of Audi’s flagship sedan, the Audi A8 L 55 TFSI, is priced at Rs 1.56 crore (ex-showroom), powered by a 3.0L petrol engine that generates 340 hp and 500 Nm of torque that rockets the luxo-barge from 0-100 km/h in 5.7 seconds.
The V6 petrol engine is equipped with a 48V mild-hybrid system that can coast at speeds between 55 and 160 km/h with the engine shut-off and zero emissions travel is possible on the new A8 for up to 40 seconds. As a result of the mild-hybrid tech, fuel consumption is down by 0.7 liters/100 kilometres. The car features an 8-speed tiptronic gearbox with lock-up clutch while Quattro all-wheel drive with self-locking differential is standard.
Indian-spec New Audi A8 L Highlights
Exterior and Interior Design:
- The new A8 L measures 5,300 mm long, 1,950 mm wide and 1,490 mm tall.
- Body of the A8 L uses the Audi Space Frame principle.
- 58% of the parts is aluminium, increasing the strength significantly as compared to its predecessor. The car combines four different materials.
- Cabin is made from hot-formed steel components, with ultra-high strength rigid rear panel made using carbon fibre polymer.
- The strut-tower bar is made with magnesium.
- HD Matrix LED headlights including Audi laser light adorns the front while rear lamps employ OLED Technology.
- Contour and ambient lighting.
- Matrix LED reading lights for the rear seat passenger.
- Usage of a range of equipment and materials such as perforation in the seat upholstery, electrically operated shutters on the air vents and satiny leather on the head restraints.
- A ‘relaxation seat’ with options for seat, back and headrest adjustment (electrical) as well as a Foot Massager.
- Rear Seat Entertainment package has two Audi tablets and a remote.
- Rear seat passenger can use the touch control on the rear seat remote to access the convenience features and make discreet phone calls.
- Air-Quality package comes with an ionizer and fragrance with adjustable intensity.
- The 10.1 inch touchscreen display folds into the high-gloss black surround when not in operation.
- Second touchscreen unit placed on the center tunnel console operates the climate control and convenience features, as well as an input for handwriting recognition.
- A total of 5 touchscreens for functions and entertainment
- Haptic and Acoustic feedback when the user activates a function by touch control on either of the screens. They hear and feel a click by way of confirmation.
- The car’s functions can be activated using voice control.
- A head-up display is optional.
- MMI Navigation Plus with optimized navigation system.
- Bang & Olufsen 3D Surround sound system with front 3D Spatial Sound as standard.
- 23 speaker 1920 W Bang and Olufsen Advanced Sound System is an option.
- Rear seats come with 3D sound with height information unfolding the music.
- Audi Phone box at the front with optional rear seat telephony.
- Dynamic all-wheel steering optionally available where steering angles at the front and rear axles are set independently of one another.
- Audi Drive Select system with an Individual mode to customize driving experience.
- Audi Pre-Sense basic, 8 Standard airbags upgradeable to 10 airbags with 2 central airbags.
- Active Head restraints protect neck from whiplash in the event of a rear-end collision
- Surround Cameras enable negotiating tight spaces with a 3D view that can be zoomed